If you are planning on replacing your roof, you must have researched a number of options such as slate, tile, terracotta, concrete, metal etc. Today, the latter is a very popular option and you will find a large percentage of homes and commercial establishments across Sydney and the rest of the country have metal roofing. So why exactly is metal such a popular material for roofing?
Things to Consider
There are a number of factors that have to be taken into consideration while choosing the right roof, and the aspects you will be looking at are:
- The styling of your home/commercial building
- The local building codes
- Council requirements & residential community covenants
- Underlayment related to the structure and setting of the roof
- Energy efficiency
Climatic Conditions Matter Too
It is definitely important to take all these aspects into account. But climatic conditions are something that has to be taken into account as well. Today, a large number of people are opting for metal roofing as it looks good, is functional and durable and offers energy efficiency and cost-savings. It also offers the kind of energy-efficiency that is the need of the hour. This material is ideal for residential and commercial roofing and is available in a range of colors, textures and finishes.
But apart from all these aspects, a number of consumers opt for metal roofing due to their temperature control benefits and these are the 5 main climatic considerations you should be taking into consideration:
- It is able to withstand changes in weather very well. It does not get impacted either by excessive heat or cold or rain. It is also perfect for areas that experience violent storms or have windy weather. It is weather aspects such as wind, temperature and precipitation that affect a roof system the most. Since roofing is such a big installation, it is important to choose a material that will be able to withstand all these well
- A structure that is in extremely dry climate will not require the same kind of roofing that a building which is subjected to excessive rains does
- But in cities like Sydney and the surrounding areas where there can be drastic swings in the weather condition, it is important to have roofing that will perform well, regardless of how the weather is
- The current-day metal roofing such as the ones that RO Roofing installs, has reflective surfaces and is perfect for areas that see a certain amount of sunlight
- In addition to the fact that metal roofs do not contract and expand, they are also very energy-efficient. They reflect the UV rays of the sun very effectively. This means, you have a very stable indoor temperature in the summer months.
It is important to understand that metal roofs are able to provide this kind of regulation only when they are combined with effective insulation inside the home; and will also keep these spaces comfortable in the colder months. Once homeowners switch to metal roofing, they end up saving on their energy bills
If you want to make your house look more aesthetically-appealing and more energy-efficient and want a roofing option that is low-maintenance, durable as well as cost-effective in the long term, you should consider getting a metal roof installed. It will make your home much safer in inclement weather, cut down on energy bills and up the value of your home. It will also complement the look of your home and provide functionality too.
Making the Right Choice
The one thing to keep in mind is that the metal roof installation should be handled by a manufacture-certified roofing company. That way, you are assured that the installation is covered with the necessary warranties. It is also important to get regular maintenance and inspection carried out in the roof and you can rest easy that it will give you trouble-free service for years to come. For the best roofing solutions and most reliable and guaranteed services, contact RO Roofing on (02) 9660 5937.
We will provide you with customised solutions that fit right into your budget.
Thanks so much for reading,
R.O. Steel Roofing
(02) 9660 5937